To: All WACOSA stakeholders
From: Steve H., Executive Director, WACOSA
Date: March 3, 2020
Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
In response to the continuing concern related to Coronavirus, WACOSA is carefully monitoring reports from both The World Wide Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). It is important that we keep our stakeholders educated related to this issue, without causing undue panic or alarm. To this end, WACOSA has been actively implementing a few practices and procedures to address this consistently changing situation. These include:
- Installed additional hand sanitation stations
- Increasing our emphasis on handwashing for all clients and staff
- Stepping up our cleaning/sanitation regiment on areas that experience more frequent human contact (i.e. door knobs, computer and electronic equipment, etc.)
- Monitoring regularly WHO and CDC guidance on this concern
We ask our stakeholders do their part in helping to stem the spread of Coronavirus, as well as other illnesses, by observing:
- Good hand washing with soap and warm water for a minimum of 20 seconds
- Not sharing personal items
- Covering coughs and sneezes
- Getting plenty of rest
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle
Healthy practices such as the ones we have listed are always a wise practice for maintaining good health, regardless of the current state of concerns issued by the CDC.
Continue to remember that, as important as the preventive measures we take during such times, is the need to remain calm. Thinking back in my career spanning over 35 years, I can recall multiple times we were called upon to deal with this type of health concern. Using thoughtful, productive and proactive practices, we have come through each of these times successfully.
We will continue to monitor the situation and implement our Emergency Response Plan as needed to address this developing concern. You can find updated travel notices and guidance on precautionary measures from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). Just control/click on the links in (). Also, feel free to call me at (320)257-5180 or email at email@example.com if I can answer additional questions. We will continue to keep you updated with any significant changes to this situation on our website at www.waocsa.org. We appreciate your concern and calm consideration of the information noted in this memo.