July 13, 2020
To: All WACOSA stakeholders
From: Steve Howard, Executive Director
Re: Update on WACOSA’s services
We were notified this morning that restrictions on serving individuals living in congregate living situations have been lifted, within the boundaries allowed for all clients currently receiving services at WACOSA. We understand that, within the current limitations, services can resume immediately. As a reminder, some of these key restrictions include:
- Clients can only attend one three hour shift a day in-center.
- Client groups can be no larger than 10 individuals, including staff.
- No more than 50 individuals, clients and staff, will be allowed in any WACOSA facility at one time.
- Any person with an active case of COVID-19 or who has had COVID-19 exposure in the last 14 days is not permitted to attend services. Services can continue following a mandatory 14-day period of quarantine.
- Adherence to our COVID-19 Preparedness Plan is mandatory. Additionally, we require all individuals attending or staffing our services to adhere to this plan, as well. For staff, this means a mask must be worn at all times. For clients, masks should be worn, as tolerated, by each individual. All other plan requirements related to handwashing, sanitization processes etc. must be followed. As a reminder, please see the link below to review WACOSA COVID-19 Pandemic Response Action and Prevention Plan.
Any individual wishing to receive services from WACOSA, within the boundaries required by the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS), should email firstname.lastname@example.org to share this information with WACOSA’s leadership team. Please find a link to a recent Star Tribune article related to this recent development here: https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-reopens-adult-day-centers-for-all-people-with-disabilities/571734642/.
We will continue to keep you posted as new developments occur. We thank you for your patience during this time and encourage you to reach out to one of WACOSA’s Administrative Team members should you have questions. Additionally, please continue to monitor WACOSA’s various points of social media including our website (www.wacosa.org), our Facebook page and our recorded phone line for the most up-to-date information we can share regarding our services at this time. It is our sincere hope services will evolve back to normal in the very near future.